Blyth Academy Qatar is an active JK-12 international school that embraces diversity celebrates differences in cultures and engages students in their learning. Currently, Blyth Academy Qatar enjoys students from 42 nations enriching the experience for all students to function in a global society. Graduates of Blyth are equipped to pursue post-secondary studies in Canada and internationally. Blyth Academy Qatar is accredited by the province of Alberta, Canada and the State of Qatar. Both accrediting bodies inspect the school annually ensuring BAQ is meeting required standards.
Blyth Academy Qatar
Students at Blyth Academy Qatar will experience a personalized, differentiated, collaborative and experiential learning environment that leads to higher levels of motivation, engagement and achievement, and that features:
- Small class sizes (max. 20 students), allowing teachers to focus on personalized teaching
- Customization of learning to student needs
- Recruitment and development of high-quality educators
- Comfortable, empathetic, nurturing learning environments
- Interdisciplinary use of technology and tools to explore study topics, present content, communicate with others and more
- Academic Counselling
- ESL support as required although students should enter the school with a solid grasp of English, all subjects are taught in English with the exception of French and Arabic
- A variety of local excursions to enrich the learning experience as well as international offerings annually
- Specialist teachers in French, Physical and Health Education, Art and Music
To be a global leader in providing accessible, experiential, progressive learning experiences that prepare students for academic success at the primary, intermediate, secondary and post-secondary education levels.
To have outstanding school leaders and educators facilitate the development of knowledge and character in our students through a caring, supportive and culturally sensitive learning community that brings together international and local students in a harmonious, creative, supportive environment.
Kindergarten to Grade 12:
- To enable each student to understand and appreciate language, and to use it confidently and competently in a variety of situations for communication, personal satisfaction, and learning.
- To enable students to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to lead active and healthy lifestyles.
- To develop the attitudes, skills and knowledge that will enable students to become engaged, active, informed and responsible citizens.
- To develop their sense of self and community, encouraging students to affirm their place as citizens in an inclusive, democratic society.
- To develop mathematical reasoning and problem-solving skills and make connections between mathematics and its applications.
- That student can not only add, subtract, multiply, and divide, but that they also know how to reason and solve problems in real-life situations.
Kindergarten to Grade 6
- To understand and interpret the world around them.
- To develop an understanding of the many applications of science in daily life.
Grades 7 to 12
- To develop the science-related knowledge, skills, and attitudes that they need to solve problems and make decisions, and at the same time help them become lifelong learners— maintaining their sense of wonder about the world around them.
- To enable students to enhance the depth and breadth of their expression and intuitive response to a fine art.
- To develop skills that senior high school students can apply in their daily lives when preparing for entry into the workplace or for further learning opportunities.
- To develop the attitudes and behaviors that people need to participate and progress in today’s dynamic world of work.
- Leadership: Ms. Darlene Sullvan (Principal)
- Curriculum: Canadian
- Annual Fees: QAR 23,899 – 48,883
- Gender: Mixed (Co-education)
- Grades or Year Groups: KG to Grade 12
- Number of Staff: 50
- Number of Students: 400
- Postal Code: 1026
- Tel: +974444217553
- Visit Website
- Timings: Sun to Thu | 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Blyth Academy Qatar contact
Principal: Darlene Sullivan
Umm Lekhba 31, Street 810, Building 45.
P.O. Box 1026
For Admissions inquiries, please call :+974 5543 9555
General inquiries: +974 44217553
Please notify the school of any absences or sick notes by emailing email@example.com
General Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing Enquiries: email@example.com
Blyth Academy Qatar location
Blyth Academy is now hiring for the 2021-2022 Academic Year !
Blyth Academy Qatar is an Alberta Accredited International JK to 12 school in the heart of Doha. It teaches a wonderful and varied group of students, who are mainly expat children with diverse backgrounds. We offer an attractive package including; housing allowance, tax free salary, flights, medical insurance, tuition for up to 2 children and transportation to and from work. If you are looking for a fabulous new international teaching experience and enjoy learning about other cultures as well as traveling, please consider joining our Canadian school and team!
Senior High Math/Physics Teachers
- Applicant must have an Education Degree
- Applicant must have a degree in Math and/or Physics in Secondary Education
- Applicant must have Alberta teacher certification or be eligible for certification
To find out more about these or other exciting career opportunities, please apply by sending your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org